- C: it's magical
- C: I bought it for an NYE
- C: and my friends were like "you look like you haven't gotten attention in six months"
- C: which
- C: was accurate
- C: it was six months after I moved to seattle
- J: I know you are so funny
- J: give me attention you say
- J: pay attention to me you say
hahahh, facebook— did my mom pay you to suggest this to me?
One eye squeezed like a bag phone between shoulder & ear.
Another eye stuck in a paper towel tube like it’s a telescope
& the whole country sky is as recyclable & sparse as the goatee
I couldn’t grow when I wanted one most. In other words, I’m
back in Indiana & things are looking up.
From “Astronomy of Fishes and Emily Dickinson (1986)” by Adrian Matejka. National Poetry Month Day 19! (via therumpus)
in other words, i’m in Cleveland & things are looking up.